Sunday, June 21, 2009

She's happy. and that's what matters.

She’s an Oscar-winning actress revered for her beauty and talent - so it comes as no surprise that Kate Winslet is happier than ever.

The British actress cites turning 30 as the landmark age she began to feel comfortable in her own skin - and admits she’s having the time of her life.

‘I’m happier about myself than I’ve ever been,’ Kate told Hello! magazine.

‘I am absolutely amazed that here I am at the age of 33, having had two children, and having had no work done, and I feel really good.

‘Maybe it’s just hormones or something. And age.’

While The Reader star battled with her weight during her teen years, she now boasts a slimline figure most would envy. Yet unlike most Hollywood starlets, Kate has a nonchalant attitude to exercise.

‘I haven’t done any exercise since October. I haven’t done a thing. So who knows how I’m holding it together.

‘Pilates definitely helped a bit. However, when I was doing it consistently, I wasn’t doing it that consistently. So maybe it’s just being busy and age.’

On being in her thirties, Kate said: ‘I don’t feel self-conscious any more. I think turning 30, you’re allowed to be less obsessed with how you look. I really like being 33.

‘I don’t think I look younger than I am or older than I am. I think I look my age.

‘Also, while I feel very joined at the hip with my family, I also feel independent.’

This has been a remarkable year so far for the Reading-born actress who won two Golden Globes for her work in The Reader and Revolutionary Road - and the Academy Award for Best Actress after being nominated five times for the accolade.

‘Because of them, people see me as somebody who has a weight and gravity and who works hard.

‘Respect has come with them. It also makes me feel, ‘Okay, well, hopefully I’m in this for the long haul,’ she added.

Kate is extra proud it was her collaboration with director husband Sam Mendes on Revolutionary Road that won such acclaim and gave her a Golden Globe.

However, their busy filming schedule proved tough at times on her daughter Mia, 8, from her first marriage to Jim Threapleton, and son Joe, five.

‘The children were with us the whole time,’ Kate said.

‘It drove them crazy because usually one of us is with them while the other is working.

‘The fact that both of us were out from six in the morning until eight at night was frustrating for them. But they were great about the whole thing; they’re very adaptable.

‘They were almost as excited as we were when the film was coming out. And they got to see a lot of [co-star] Leo DiCaprio again so it was very, very sweet.’

Many believe Kate has the dream life - an A-list film career, a happy family and millions in the bank.

‘I don’t have a perfect life,’ she said.

‘There are things I could implement within my life that would probably make it easier.

‘But I deliberately don’t do it because if I did, I would be living that movie star existence that I really try and resist.

‘I mean, it’s very tempting to have a nanny and live in a gated community and have a chef – I’d love to have a few dinners cooked for me.

‘But I don’t want that for my children. When they’re older, if people say to them, ‘Did you have a chef?’ I want them to be shocked by the question,’ added Kate.

SOURCE

No comments: